Please read to prepare for the New Year price increases
Price increases are nothing new when it comes to building materials, this coming year especially will be challenging. With the impact of Brexit being felt all the way down the supply chain, and the falling value of the pound suppliers have passed on larger increases than you might expect.
Below we are attempting to get ahead of the game and give you a heads up on what to expect in the coming year.
- Aggregates 7%
- Ready-mix concrete, Screeds etc. £3.50-£4.95/cu.mtr.
- Aircrete 14-22%
- Aggregate 11-15%
- Dense Concrete 7%
- Ultralight 15%
- Bricks 4-7%
- Bagged cement 10%
- Concrete lintels, fence posts, copers etc 4%
- Concrete & clay flue lines 5%
- Chimney pots, airbricks etc. 5%
- Fixings Nails, screws etc. 4.75%
- Plaster 4%
- Plasterboard & accessories 5.8-6.3%
- PIR insulating boards 10%
- Roof tiles £9-£30/1000
- Rock mineral wool insulation products 8%
- Plumbing & heating products - Various 6-8%
- Polypipe drainage & ventilation products 7.9%
- Steel Lintels 16.75%
For more specific figures on how it will affect the products you buy, please call Browns on 01332 292911